The ARIMGSAS BLS/ALS Workshop includes 10 ALS + 20 PRPD & 30 ANAES MOPS & 30 EM MOPS
The BLS and ALS course covers the Management of Medical Emergencies in the General Medical Practice. It is a course for Medical Practitioners, Practice Nurses and their support staff.
The Training course takes 7 hours (plus any breaks) and covers the following skills set:
- Identify the most common medical emergencies affecting patients, using a risk management approach;
- Manage the immediate care of medical emergencies utilizing a practice management (crew resource management) system;
- Apply techniques and protocols consistent with current emergency medical guidelines for pre-hospital care;
- Refer the patient to further appropriate care.
At the completion of the course the participant will receive a certificate of attendance which is valid for 12 months.
The course is approved by RACGP for 40 Cat 1 points.
At the end of the session the participants will have further knowledge on the following:
- Identification and management of poor perfusion
- Signs and symptoms of life-threatening conditions including:
- Cardiac chest pain
- Altered conscious state, CVA and TIA,
- Respiratory conditions,
- Anaphylaxis, and
- Cardiac Arrest.
- Use of pulse oximetry and observation of vital signs
- Introduction to the ECG
- CPR including team CPR and the use of defibrillators
- Use of Laryngeal Masks and bag-masks ventilation
- Oxygen therapy and titration recommendations
- Emergency Drugs
To apply click here
All our tutors are Doctors with qualifications in the workshop they are teaching. They are often leaders and experts in their field, who have a passion for education and training and are supportive of IMGs. Many of the tutors have passed through the bridging course and are now Professors, Consultants, Registrars or HMO’s working in Australian Hospitals or Clinics
ARIMGSAS works in the best interest of IMGs. We have minimal administration and management staff resulting in less overheads. We attempt to always provide excellent tutors available in the Industry and good learning facilities. Click here for a full listing of our current fees.
The workshop will be held on the 5th floor at 3 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne 3004 unless advised otherwise.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us on +61 3 98673344.
Any inquiries feel free to:
|Basic and Advanced Life Support Dates|
|BLS/ALS - 1 October 2016|
|BLS/ALS - 17 December 2016|